Thursday 8 August 2013

a mother of triplets


I want to get us started on the toys theme, so this is a postcard I made for a mother of triplets in Thailand. Somehow Thai woman plus triplets made me think of a traditional Thai dancer in the act of juggling three things, in this case juggling clubs. Surrounding the dancer is red colored pencil. The background text is a bunch of spliced-together quotations about parenting triplets.

I'm afraid I don't think very highly of this collage from an aesthetic point of view, but it's like the third one I ever made, so I guess I should cut myself a break.

3 comments:

  1. Love the theme, love the backgroundstory, love your collage. How is the mother of the triplets?!?! Saw a documentation once in TV - incredibly demanding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not bad for #3, Fi! I actually like it a lot, theme and execution, well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think aesthetically it's an interesting image. I would look at this and wonder what the artist's intention was (if it did not have a title or meaning assigned to it) and it certainly is open for discussion. Well done. And good theme this week Fi.

    ReplyDelete