Saturday 28 June 2014

freedom is a priceless gift

Back in 2005 my postcard creation "freedom is a priceless gift" incorporating rubber stamped words, a Statue of Liberty created out of cancelled US postage stamps and the silhouette of a little girl (courtesy of author/artist Rachel Field, 1894-1942) was entered into a local 'artist-made postcard' competition (PACE) and I went on to win a cash prize and my art work is now in the collection of a U.S. State Senator.  I am going to make a piece for this week's theme but I thought I would share this with you all!  (Oh--you should know the red bow is swiped from a vintage Victorian Valentine postcard!)

ALSO...I recently received a postcard in the mail advising that this work will be included in Carte Postale--The Postcard Art of PACE "a vivid, comprehensive book featuring the winning artwork from the 1995 through 2011 exhibitions".

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Angie! It is indeed an effective image—well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really can imagine why you won a prize with this one! Such a clever idea and so well executed! I love how you made the statue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats, Angie! What a meaningful collage you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, CC, a VERY accomplished little postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone, appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete